SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Veil Broom first try

Quatermass

At long last a good clear night and my neighbours turned off there lights and went to bed, bonus! Have had several goes at this one with failed subs but last night got enough data to work with.

81 subs at iso 1600 95sec each

60 darks flats and bias from my stock flats and darks and bias.

Canon 350d modded

Skywatcher 200p

Veil+Nebula+200p+master+image+copy_filtered.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's fabulous Mark - lovely colours :) The Broom is a lot fainter than the Veil and takes a lot more data. I've only caught a glimpse of the Broom so far but I was pretty pleased with my image of the Veil as you know :) Once I get cooling back on my main camera and also on my wide-field I'm going to "have a field day" :D Also need some clear skies :D

Cheer Gina :smiley: Yes it much fainter this one, quite a challenge to capture with the DSLR even though its been modded. Would have given up with an unmodded camera I think. I was also going to have another crack at the Eagle nebula again as it's now moved into a good position above the pesky trees at the end of my garden. Next target will be the lower part of the Veil then move on to M31 for some experiments with the evostar. Another one I really want to get is the sculptor galaxy when it comes into position that and about 100 other things up there. Here's hoping for some more clear skies :angel:

Your turn soon farunj when you get your new 200p your going to have a lot of fun, looking forward to seeing your first images :grin:

Oh yes!! Am very excited about that!! Really lookin forward to it!! Will need your. Guidance though!! :)

Magical it certainly is... looking great mark...

Glad you got some clear skies.... All I got for my troubles last night was a wet Atik and almost a heart attack :(

I'd trade you my camera for your dark skies!

What would the delivery cost on shipping dark skies from Suffolk to Cambridge be ?

Cheers Badgers

Your going to have stop making those excuses now you have the full Monty mate, :rolleyes: a shiny new HEQ5 and an Atik camera :Envy: and here am I stuck in the back roads of Suffolk like a local yo-cal with just a duff battery pack and cheap old eq5 :crybaby2:

Atik Camera lovely, dark skies priceless. :evil6::evil7:

Thanks Viv

I went out last night at 11pm and got my telescope set up and focused then lined up on the broom and put the caps on my scope to stop any dew but left my tracking motor on. Later on at about 10 past 12 I started my imaging run when the neighbors went to be and the street lights had gone off. I set the camera to ISO 1600 and the remote timer to take 30 shots at one minute 25 seconds each and let it get on with it. Later on I wiped the small amount of dew of my secondary mirror as my last 3 subs were fogging up a tiny bit, then set the timer to take 40 shots ISO 1600 and increased exsposure to one minute 45 seconds, any more and I got a bit of trailing. Finished at about 2.15 ish but I used my stock of darks flats and bias to stack with. :smiley:

Damn you QM :)

If I go around your house and find a Mesu mount and a takahashi hiding in your garage, the game will be up :)

You will only find my fishing gear and rusty old tools and my blue peter style bahtinov mask :p I tell you what, I will swop my gear for yours and see what I can come up with next time :grin:

Archived