Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M51 from Dartmoor

mpeniak

Thanks guys for nice replies. Can anyone recommend what I need to use I need more magnification when using DSLR please? Something like 2" barlow lens???

Martin :(

PS: No sheep this time celescope :D But two nights ago I had sheeps lying around and som horses too :)

That's a lovely neat image Martin. A Barlow x2 would enlarge the result, but both guiding and exposure times would need to be adjusted accordingly, making it a more difficult . You might try getting a x2 converter for you camera. Essentially it is a Barlow but you might need a converter to allow fitting it to your camera. The same problem would still apply, ie, Guide and exposure increases.

Ron. :D

Thanks Barkis. I don't use guiding at the moment. Can I use it despite of that fact that my mount is not motorized in both axes please?

Martin :D

It would be a bit dodgy Martin, you would be working at a higher resolution which means the sky will be moving a bit quicker, and the liklihood of trailed images increase. I thought you had a driven RA mount?. Or have you sold it?.

ron.

Thanks Barkis. I don't use guiding at the moment. Can I use it despite of that fact that my mount is not motorized in both axes please?

Martin :D

It would be a bit dodgy Martin, you would be working at a higher resolution which means the sky will be moving a bit quicker, and the liklihood of trailed images increase. I thought you had a driven RA mount?. Or have you sold it?.

ron.

I got driven mount but only in RA axis not in DEC. I just thought that when I use guiding I will need to make small adjustments in both axes depending where that guiding star moves. Or am I not correct? Don't know much about quiding to be honest...

Martin :)

Archived