Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

You know you have become a 'real' astronomer when...

Yimini

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...when you post in "the lounge" and not the beginners section.

And the definitive must be wishing the "summer" away and looking forward to dark evenings. That would be just crazy...wouldn't it?

I think the answer is when you look up and begin to take more than just a passing interest in the heavens, and of course there will always be the non astro types who find it funny when you mention Uranus. I can`t for the life of me see what there is to laugh at :D not like our local Funeral Director who has just been caught fiddling the books with donations, he obviously made a grave error of judgement :)

John.

I think the answer is when you look up and begin to take more than just a passing interest in the heavens, and of course there will always be the non astro types who find it funny when you mention Uranus. I can`t for the life of me see what there is to laugh at :D not like our local Funeral Director who has just been caught fiddling the books with donations, he obviously made a grave error of judgement :)

John.

Get your coat on the way out :grin:

....when you've made a video in celestia to accompany a song that your 3 year old son recorded, which finally clears up the the pronunciation of Uranus, and post it on YouTube....

.....when the UK weather strangely becomes monsoon like with high winds....I want to know whose fault this summer is!

It may be me, the weather never seemed that bad, and then I got my telescope...

After 25 years of marriage my wife still thinks it hilarious that whenever a friend asks me if I have used my telescope she interjects with "yes , last night he saw the rings round Uranus ! "

I despair .

Archived