Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Sky Panorama

8kids

I wonder if they are Celestron Luminos / Axiom LX's in disguise ?. The Celestron ranges carried those focal lengths and they look rather similar.

They would have to be pretty good to improve on the Nirvana ultra wides.

PS: sorry, I've not actually used them though, which was your original question.

Another 7 element UWA design then. I reckon most look the same under the skin - there are only so many optical layouts that will work. It would be nice to have a £120 UWA that is a good as a Nagler rather than nearly as good, but I'm not holding my breath ......

I would say they are based on the same design as the Ax's and Luminos ep's, certainly points that way, Perhaps that's why Celestron rebranded them and brought the Luminos out at a cheaper price, certainly good performers.

This is a race to the bottom with eyepiece aesthetic. First the Meade S5k XWA then this Sky Panorama.

OK I know external appearance doesn't matter, but they obviously paid some designers to make it this ugly :confused: .

S5K UWA, Axiom, Luminous, and Nirvana were good looking eyepiece. Unfortunately this is not.

I can't think of any reason why anyone would like to pay £127 for this when they can get a S5k UWA with proven track record for £116

• 3 months later...

Archived