Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27 The Dumbell Nebula

bazza

Thanks everyone for all your complimentary comments.

I feel a particular sense of satisfaction from this image as I've spent so much time trying to get the guiding right, balance, PEC etc etc. So when you get a half decent image, it all seems worth it!

Dave, (Centroid) I'd be interested in what adaptors you need to use your f3.3 reducer with an ED80?

Thanks again everyone.

Barry.

Dave, (Centroid) I'd be interested in what adaptors you need to use your f3.3 reducer with an ED80?

Barry.

If you only want to use the ED80, then you already have the necessary bits. The 2" 'push fit' to SCT thread (male) that came with your LXGPS, and the SCT thread (female) to 'T' thread adapter that came as part of the 'kit', with Meade 3.3 FR.

On my ED80 (a blue one), there are two knurled thumbscrews that hold the 2" to 1.25" eyepiece adapter in situ. Undo these, remove the adapter, and replace it with the Meade 2" 'push fit' to SCT thread adapter. Its the same fit.

If you want to use the Meade 2" 'push-fit to SCT thread adapter on the LX at the same time, the you'll need to get another for the ED80. The Astro Engineering AC304 is what you need, and I got mine from Green Witch, who still had some in-stock.

I say "still had some in-stock", because I think that Astro Engineering, is an active company, no more.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for that comprehensive reply.

I've got a Zenithstar ED80 APO but it's got the same set up as your ED80 Dave, so I'm going to do just that and try some imaging using the LX as the guide scope!

Thanks.

Barry.

Archived