Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telrad Base Removal from OTA

I would suggest carefully pulling fishing tackle across the pad from underneath. This will help to detach the plate as it will cut straight through the sticky pad. If you can keep it low to the OTA you will have minimal material left behind. Next, comes the less easy bit... removing any gum left behind.

Best regards,

Rob

I use dental floss (minty but I don't think it matters!) as a saw and then clean off residue with iso alcohol or lighter fluid - the latter is best but check a small area of paint first to ensure no issues. never had a problem myself.

• 4 years later...

@Moonshane !!!!!!

It's like 4.5yrs later, but you and your "minty" floss win!  I was actually pretty worried I had ruined my OTA (resale value-wise) until I pulled out some dental floss and zip - it came off like magic!  I actually hollered in excitement!  Much thanks!  (sleepy neighbors not quite as grateful, but...) ;)

-Jas

4 hours ago, jmelquist said:

@Moonshane !!!!!!

It's like 4.5yrs later, but you and your "minty" floss win!  I was actually pretty worried I had ruined my OTA (resale value-wise) until I pulled out some dental floss and zip - it came off like magic!  I actually hollered in excitement!  Much thanks!  (sleepy neighbors not quite as grateful, but...) ;)

-Jas

Jas, I say... pizz on em (neighbors).

They'll fall back asleep.

We have this stuff called Goof Off. Seems to work on gooey crud. I don't know if it is available to you.

Archived