Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Transit Party At Ad Astra's Place! (Y'all Come!)

Ad Astra

We will be having a transit party at our place in Riverside County, CA! The big refractor (133mm f/12) will be out with an Orion (USA) solar filter, a Coronado solar scope, and some binocular projection sites. There will also be swimming in the pool, and a pot luck picnic at sunset with viewing of Luna and Saturn to follow!

The weather looks a little iffy just now, so we ar hoping that it will clear out by this afternoon! We hope to have about 12-15 people here. :)

Dan

Dan I am still here in San Francisco. I have been asked to help at a public Venus Transit party organised by the East Bay community. I have my PST and will be projecting an image through a Celestron 60mm frac. Still have eclipse glasses from the Annular and currently we have some cloud cover - hopefully it will improve by 3.06pm.

Mark

I will snap a few photos of the event, and maybe some shots of the transit itself. We have broken clouds right now, but the weather wonks swear that we will clear up by 3PM.

We are expecting guests to start arriving anytime now... :grin:

If the weather stays clear, we will have the 133mm f/12 Apomax, the 120mm Orion EON f/6 refractor, and a Celestron 80mm Fluorite refractor for Luna and Saturn after dark.

If the weather is awful, the pool is warm (as is the day), and the beer, food and company will be excellent. ;)

Dan

Archived