NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cygnus Wall...

fatwoul

Had a go at putting together a colour Cygnus Wall using data I gathered a week or two ago, and the darks I've spent two weekends gathering:

CygnusWallHubbleSML.jpg

SW MN190 / Atik 4000 - x15 1200s HA, x10 1200s OIII, x6 1200s SII, x41 darks, x5 flats

Plenty wrong with it, but I'm quite pleased for my first colour image with the new camera. I think I like my 4000. :D

I'm not surprised you like the 4000 if this is the type of image resolution you can get with it... ;). Even with my reduced Equinox 80 I'd need quite a few panes to get this FOV with the 314L+... Over MANY nights... I guess I'm simply going to have to try and save up for one after all... :rolleyes:

Andy - A lot of objects sit really nicely in the FoV. I know the upcoming scope will offer me a much bigger field, but I'm glad I don't have to sell my MN190, as I think I've finally got it to behave itself, and the combination of 4000 and MN190 feels very natural.

Thanks Will and Michael - glad you like it.

Mark - Your SLR is not so sad. What the 4000 has in QE, your camera is bound to make up for in vast, rolling field of view.

Dave - Ohh, the 4000 is going nowhere. I'll be honest, part of me wishes I'd kept hold of the 314L+ for those smaller objects like planetaries (and not having to even bother with dark frames sometimes!), but the 4000 definitely feels like a grown-up camera, and I think it's already forced me to up my game a little. I'm really glad of the challenge, and I think I have a few more challenges on the horizon...

Archived