Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The DOB has landed

Hi folks, Just to let you know, im a very happy bunny, my Skyliner 200p DOB which i ordered from FLO on friday has arrived, once id gotten over the shock of the size of the main box, i set about putting my new scope together, with this being my first real scope i didnt know what to expect when it came to building it, but i can report that it was an absolute breeze, ive already aligned the finder scope and now im just hoping for clear skies tonight, yes im a very happy bunny indeed. cheers Dave

Hi folks, Just to let you know, im a very happy bunny, my Skyliner 200p DOB which i ordered from FLO on friday has arrived, once id gotten over the shock of the size of the main box, i set about putting my new scope together, with this being my first real scope i didnt know what to expect when it came to building it, but i can report that it was an absolute breeze, ive already aligned the finder scope and now im just hoping for clear skies tonight, yes im a very happy bunny indeed. cheers Dave

Don't know how much you know already, but make sure you let it cool to match outside temperature, probably best to sit in garden with it and knock back a couple of beers while you admire your new toy!

Have a quick peek at something straight away then let it cool for an hourish ... look again and smile! :(

Great choice ... enjoy it

Sent from my HD2Droid

Congrats Dave!!

You may of noticed that dobs have a bit of a following round here.:(

I'd start by looking at the moon and get used to how it handles and seeing everything upside down and back to front.

Any teething problems let us know. :(

Thanks folks, im impatiently waiting for darkness to arrive, i will take the DOB out at about 9pm giving a good hour cooling down time, i had great views of saturn lastnight with my little 70mm spotting scope, ive got a feeling Firstlight with this DOB is going to blow me away. clear skies, Dave:)

Thanks folks, im impatiently waiting for darkness to arrive, i will take the DOB out at about 9pm giving a good hour cooling down time, i had great views of saturn lastnight with my little 70mm spotting scope, ive got a feeling Firstlight with this DOB is going to blow me away. clear skies, Dave:)

Don't forget the beers :(

Sent from my HD2Droid

one question folks, have i started this thread in the right place. Dave

Dave

This section is for discussing "scopes / whole set ups". You are discussing your scope and set up......perfect placement.:(

How much was the scope as I'm looking at building or buying a DOB as a second scope?

I allso have a 4 day old Dob and at £290 delivered I dont think it will be worth building one :( . You may want to do a few mods but then thats the reason for buying a Dob... :(

Archived