Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Up, .........and.. down!

Bart

Hello all

The up is that I got a chance over the weekend, Fri night, to use my new ES 30mm 82* (old version) and my new ES 20mm 68* EPs. Very nice they are too. When I put my eye up to the 30mm and looked through, I thought I was going to fall in, the hole was that big. Really lovely to look through and scan. Using it will take a bit of getting used to, as you have to get your head around it. I use my right eye for observing and with the size of the EP, my left would naturally approach it with ease. Never mind, I'll adapt. I have a nice sliding counterweight and thats fine. Need to work out a routine for actually swithing from this to another EP without moving the scope alt.

The ES 20mm was nice too.

Now, the down. Our darkness is gone. And since faint fuzzies do it for me, and I do like the GCs, this time of year is just no good. I kind of realised last night, the sleep deprivation isn't worth it at this time of year :(. Time to hang up my red head torch and do some modding and DIY. And maybe buy the 16" I'm currently lusting after.:):(:(

Bart

Archived