Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

it's clear tonight

tom.yates

Looking good guys and gals, been out for a couple of hours the seeing not to good so quite hard to evaluate but what i have seen the stars are pin point , mars looks good just waiting for saturn to get to a good hight star test seems to show not to much if anything wrong.

Tom.

Tom,

Hope your scopes ok.

Thanks for the collimation help, been out since I got home from work excellent viewing conditions and the scopes a lot better.

Drinking a hot choccy then going out again!!

Greg

Glad to hear the scope's OK, Greg. We baby them, but they are more robust than we generally suppose. I once hurt myself making a diving catch for a falling spotting scope. The scope hit the concrete without harm. It wasn't even my scope.  :clouds2: I bruised my elbow.

Left the city I work in under clear, velvety black skies last night. Got home, 50km away, and was socked in by cloud. :clouds2: If it hadn't been -10 degrees, I might have put up the scope to see what I could see through the holes in the cloud, but at those temperatures, no, thanks. :tongue5:

Archived