Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Viewing shuttle Endeavour & the ISS

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching NASA TV live the shuttle is 186 feet from the station and closing as I type... (6:40pm). The next visible passing is 9:20pm so I'm pretty sure they will be docked well before then. Sorry guys!

Vega

*Update* 6:50 now under 100feet away :shock:

The shuttle does cast a shadow across part of the station on occasion. I don't think it makes the object look any less bright tho.. :( {Runs out of the thread quicksmart... quickly becoming unpopular} :)

Docking confirmed 7:02 GMT

Vega

What a treat! Saw a meteor [south-East] 22:46pm, then a satalite pass through Cygnus, with a fireball cutting accross trail! :lol: Then another meteor in prev- position. Followed by visual ISS pass 22:50. Watched it pass over head and then dim quickly to then vanish. Stuck around few more minutes to see another fireball pass over the Plough! :(

Best 10 minutes [spent outside :lol:] for a while...... well since the night before :)

[Times are rough'ish]

Anybody get pics, or saw the metor's???

I took a lovely framed pic. Had the ISS in the frame and fading as it went into the milky way. Got all excited about pressing the preview button :) to find that I had left the CF card in the drive on the PC from last night :(

Not happy, but that was a lovely pass over. Really enjoyed watching both of them tonight!

So no pic's from me tonight!

Ant

According to the nice woman on ther Beeb about an hour ago you should have great skies mate! Cloud coming in from the west for around tomorrow lunch time!

Thats the weather peeps for ya! Gotta dash my latest 5 min exposure is about to finish - need to set another going - star trails tonight :(

Ant

Sadly your average weather person wouldn't know a cloud if it fell on them.

Wall to wall high and medium cloud here. We did glimpse ISS for 9.18 pass and the 10.53 pass. Plus 2 Perseids. One very bright one heading SW, bordering fireball.....went behind a cloud. But must have been mag -3(ish). Not far from Jupiter and outshone it.

Jaffa I saw the meteor too.. well bright right overhead.. nice treat. Skies are flippin lovely right now...never seen the Milky Way quite like this from my back garden i'm snapping away at Cygnus at the mo :(

Vega

Archived