Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M13 with synthesised green

Spikey

Thought I would post this as I have messed up the green twice now and show it's possible to get some sort of image rescue :headbang:

It's only a quick piece of work from the first clear night we've had in months. I wanted to get back in the saddle with the set-up and guiding again. I chose M13 as it's bright, easy to find and is in a good spot for my location.

6x300 seconds in R & B bin 1x1 but it went cloudy for the greens so I had to throw them away and wait for the next night. I captured the greens again only to find out when processing I captured them at bin 2x2 :)

So, I used one of Noels action to synth the green from the R&B channels and PS to finish off the result. No calibration frames have been taken so its got a bit of gradient.

Come out well for an hours worth of subs though :)

picture.php?albumid=1509&pictureid=17429

Its pretty clear tonight (im out snapping NGC 4565 @ the mo), hopefully you will get some clear stuff to so you can do the colour unbinned, it should be a little less tricky to process then :)

Did you use any layers on this?

It's pure 1x1 RGB Rob. I've got some Lum for this somehwere so I'll see what I can mash together or more likely start again :)

I used a couple on inverted layer masks to try and flattening the background. Also a layer to blend in a high pass filter.

Archived