Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

skytee out and ready, lets hope the clear skies last time dark!!

What? No laser as well? :icon_scratch:

I love my SkyTee2. I enjoy imaging, cables everywhere, computers whirring away etc. But some nights I like nothing better than my Mak and Frac on the SkyTee2 and spend hours just pushing it around the sky :clouds2:

Cheers

Ian

Hi Guys. Ditto your comments re the Skytee. Really love using mine. Trying a bit of solar shortly with my 100 ED and my 20 x 80's with some Baader filters, all homemade.

Colin. I take it your LX 90 is no longer with you ?

Regards John

this is my first push mount since my first dob and i am not actually missing the goto/tracking

I normally lock in alt and use the slow mos and leave az loose.

I also use it for the day time :clouds2:

post-19390-133877772944_thumb.jpg

post-19390-133877772953_thumb.jpg

I did love my LX90 and i miss the light gathering ability, the plan is to move to a large dobsonian after the summer. the Mak Newt is a cracker for planets so will stay for that.

I am considering a LX80 and i have no problems with meades having owned several, i would if we had an extended period of clear skies do some imaging so the Maknewt lends itself to that too :clouds2: many options

Let a few others do the beta testing for the LX80 to make sure it's got any bugs worked out. Of course then there's the SkyWatcher AZ EQ6 due out later this year. :clouds2:

The Skytee 2 is definitely my favourite mount as it seems to handle anything you can think of doing with it.

John

post-14522-133877773072_thumb.jpg

Hello again guys. Just set up for another look at Mr Solar. Want another look at Sunspot AR1476. Think its the best feature I have ever seen !!!

Had a good couple of hours last nite with the Skytee as in the pics, looking at Venus, Mars and Saturn.

As said. the mount is fab. Seen a 200p OTA on ABS for sale by a fellow SGL member and the credit card is beginning to quiver. Wud be nice to use on the Skytee and compliment my other 2 scopes

Clear skies John

post-15527-13387777364_thumb.jpg

post-15527-133877773648_thumb.jpg

It was purchased from a trader at kelling. Very happy with it :-) i think its a one off bit of kit

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. Looks like I'll have to do some searching online :)

Archived