Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Blaenavon Meet Saturday 12th

Matthew

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be there - I'm looking forward to finally playing with my new toys. :icon_scratch: Err..... I mean.... I'm looking forward to appraising some recently acquired scientific instruments. :clouds2:

its on the old moor road between blaenavon and abergavenny

mat usally is able to meet any one at ASDA in brynmarw as its litterly 5 mins away

heres the google map coordanants +51° 47' 25.57", -3° 4' 10.74"

its the green arrow though not the orange A you might have to zoom out a little

i'll try my best to come might just be the bins again or the megrez and AZ3

What time is the meet on Saturday at Blaenavon and how does one find the site?

Hi Colin - I would guess people will be at the site anytime between 7 and 10 although it should be dark by then . 7 is a little early for me but depends how long your scope takes to cool down or set up - The co ords to the site are 51.790521,-3.069595 - Mat doesn't live too far away and can meet people at Asda in Brynmawr sometimes - I'm not sure what his plans are this time but I'm sure he'll let you know.

Coming from Newport I guess the quickest route for you would be to come from the Pontypool side of Blaenavon - I usually come accross the heads of the Valley and drop down into Brynmawr then make my way accross- its probably longer but its the route I know.

If your struggling to find it or not sure - let me know and I'll do a walkthrough from the Brynmawr side although I appreciate its not as short a route for you coming that way - otherwise I'm sure Gaz or one of the other folks coming from the Newport side can help.

Hope you can make it - will be good to get out for a change

Steve

Brilliant! This is the only convenient day for me for a while so I'll definitely be there and I will bring my solar filter so you can see it.

Hi Ant.,

Glad you can make it to the meet. It will be interesting to see your solar filter.

Archived