Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

TMBII 6mm vs TV 8mm Pl

When i consider the view from a couple of the bst explorers i had - very similar to the TMB and my TV plossl, the plossl were sharper, with more light throughput and higher contrast - better in every aspect other than the wider field of view. KEEP THE PLOSSL!

andrew

Keep them both.

They are not the same focal length, so no real overlap.

The TMB has more eye relief then a similar 6mm plossl would, and it sounds as if they both work on your equipment.

Why get rid of one ?

Also the TMB isn't expensive which means the selling price would not be that high, guess you would come out with say £25 in your pocket. Is it worth losing a reasonable eyepiece for it?

The plossl will give a sharper view but the eye relief can be a bit difficult if you are spending a while at the ep. I would still have narrower field of view over unclearness ;)

I would keep both since they don't overlap in my opinion.

I have the 8mm TV plossl and I love looking at jupiter with it. The coffee stain tint brings out a lot of detail :clouds2:

I would keep both since they don't overlap in my opinion.

I have the 8mm TV plossl and I love looking at jupiter with it. The coffee stain tint brings out a lot of detail :clouds2:

Yep I found Jupiter was its best target too. The colours lend themselves to this real performer of an eyepiece!

Archived