Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First M57 Ring Nebula (+Messier Gallery)

laser_jock99

A quick go at M57 (from the clear spell in March....remember that?). Stack of seven 30 second subs. Skywatcher Equinox 120ED at prime focus, Fuji S5 Pro Camera @ ISO800.

ringnebula_stacked_variations.jpg

I've started Messier Gallery (something to do when it's cloudy)

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/laser_jock99/ASTRONOMICAL/MESSIER%20OBJECTS/?start=all

I've imaged 20 objects so far, with the aim of completing the entire list. Some of my images are really bad and need re-shooting though!

Nice capture, and blooming hard being small! don't need to tell you that :( you captured the centre star well also.

March..pft, what those crisp fresh nights with great seeing, AND not much weather in between....heh, yes :D

What is the F ratio of a 120[?] if I can ask.

Cheers

Glen

Nice capture, and blooming hard being small! don't need to tell you that :( you captured the centre star well also.

March..pft, what those crisp fresh nights with great seeing, AND not much weather in between....heh, yes :D

What is the F ratio of a 120[?] if I can ask.

Cheers

Glen

F7.5 I think (900mm fl 120mm aperture).

Archived