Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun - 21/04/12

Viv

Inspired by Rik's image this morning, there was a quick (& I mean very quick) break in the clouds.

Just had my camera, 400mm lens & 2 x convertor (obviously with baader solar paper), then slightly cropped end picture.

Thanks.

IMG_4045b.jpg

Really nice image there... I tried with a webcam, but the constant clouds passing over resulted in poor stacks (like 10 frames out of a 1000) - not really happy with the results, but with such a display of spots just had to try and grab something whilst the weather is so dire !

post-23388-133877766109_thumb.png

post-23388-133877766136_thumb.png

Thanks all.

Malc - you were lucky to get those (nice though), think I had 5 min max - so no way enough to get scope stuff out ............

Did like to see that tyre track pattern.

Malc - you were lucky to get those (nice though), think I had 5 min max - so no way enough to get scope stuff out ............

I was lucky, we had more showers here than rain, so I was able to open the observatory and shoot video between the showers, but the clouds never seemed to stop rolling past the sun when viewed on the monitor..

I think your shot, given the short window you had is excellent.

Archived