NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Next Meet 28th April

Matthew

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

according to my metoffice its going to be cloudy.... and then clear with rain clouds :) lol

its improved though at least

edit : i stupidly was looking at tonights forcast lol oopz

sats showing cloud atm :) and white cloud so its better than rain

lets hope we get one clear night soon Mike

Gordon

A clear night would be good.

My Wife and I went to scout out a possible observing area today. It was just over the hill to the west of Ystradfellte reservior, and a short distance from the "Blaen-Llia" picnic area off the Sarn Helen road.

Not a bad spot, except that there was a "small sign" prohibiting motor vehicles from driving up the ungated road; unfortunately I couldn't see "that" on google earth. :)

Oh well, back to the old drawing board. :)

Good call to make it early Mat - don't think theres any chance of a break in the current gloom although the weather websites are hinting we may be seeing a change coming from around Thursday so fingers crossed.

Still won't be able to make next weekend as its a bank holiday but will try to get to the May meet

thanks for posting

Steve

Hello everyone. I've been lurking here for a while, this is my first post. I'm hoping to tag along to one of your meets, if that's ok. I would have come along this time (and 2 weeks ago!) but the weather's thwarted that - as usual. :-)

Hopefully the wall-to-wall cloud will break soon!

Mal.

that would be great mal :( welcome to the group

mats planning the next one i think around 2 - 3 weeks time (i think the objective is the luna 100 objects)

if you like we have a map (where we all live) give a post in there where first part of your postcode is its a map of every member of the group

hopefully see you soon

gaz

Archived