Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sunday 15th April - group meet if anyones interestd

stevetynant

Hi everyone

First of all - this is a sort of unofficial group meet if anyones interested - Matt is still the Goto guy for our group so I hope no one interprets this as stepping on anyone's toes because I sincerely don't meant to.

After last nights disappointing conditions it looks like the weather forecast is set fair for tonight so a couple of us are going to a site in Trecastle - just outside Brecon. If you know Brecon at all its about 15-20 minutes past the Storey arms on the A470 if your heading from Merthyr/ Cardiff direction.

We're meeting at the Storey Arms car park for 19:45 - be at the site just after 8'ish for anyone to set up before we get going..

Obviously most of us will have work in the morning so I guess we won't be there much after 11 - but if anyone is interested the offers there.

The site itself is not as big as the Blaenavon one but it is panoramic and stunning in the right conditions (fingers crossed)

details of the site and photo below - be great if you could join us.

the co-ord's : 51.956637,-3.681536

stevetynant-albums-dark-sky-sites-picture16415-dark-site-trecastle-mar-12-017-filtered.jpg

stevetynant-albums-dark-sky-sites-picture16410-dark-site-trecastle-mar-12-012.jpg

stevetynant-albums-dark-sky-sites-picture16401-trecastle-2.jpg

stevetynant-albums-dark-sky-sites-picture16413-dark-site-trecastle-mar-12-004.jpg

stevetynant-albums-dark-sky-sites-picture16412-dark-site-trecastle-mar-12-001.jpg

i just did a check and its prob going to be an hour and a half for me to get there so i'll have a little think as fuel wise will be a fair bit xpess for only a few hours:( what time is sun set today,

i i dont think mat would mind unofficial meets :) its the ethos of the group for us to meet up, and share ideas and the skys :confused:

i i dont think mat would mind unofficial meets :) its the ethos of the group for us to meet up, and share ideas and the skys :confused:

Thats what the group is here for ,if you remember gaz i always used to post in the old room when i was heading up Blaenavon.

for some reason that

didnt work :S lol

yep. id love to encourage meets between members at different times to the main meets :) not only would it help members know one another but it would also open up many new sites for us to use for us to know about

it would also start to make us into a more society

I must admit if it wasn't for the disappointing conditions last night - not the company of course - I would probably make do with the garden tonight - but knowing how frustrating that can be for me was glad to learn theres others out and about - I always enjoy it more than being on my own if I'm honest especially in remote places like this one is.

It is a fair way - only an hour for me which is fine but I appreciate its along way for others

well it got to about 2 degrees last night in a lightish wind - I had 3 pairs of sock, three pairs of trousers, 2 tee shirts, two fleeces a gillet a windbreaker and a fleece hat on and it was just about enough - though I couldn't wait to get outof the car lol

I won't be joining you tonight, the distance mainly, but I think local 'meets' could be good, for me I've often considered twmbarlwm but as others have mentioned it being alone at some remote sites

If anyone in the Newport area is interested in a meet locally please get in touch by pm for tel. Numbers etc

Anyway, hope it goes well tonight at Brecon, will do with the back garden tonight!

Clear skies everyone

Gordon

What a night, a very long way to go but worth every second of it . I too,have never seen so many stars,absolutely unbelievable.Very nice to meet everyone again.I think for the first hour and a half we didnt need to look through a scope due to the excellent skies,thanks to all:headbang:

I won't be joining you tonight, the distance mainly, but I think local 'meets' could be good, for me I've often considered twmbarlwm but as others have mentioned it being alone at some remote sites

If anyone in the Newport area is interested in a meet locally please get in touch by pm for tel. Numbers etc

Anyway, hope it goes well tonight at Brecon, will do with the back garden tonight!

Clear skies everyone

Gordon

Hi Gordon, interested in a local(ish) meet, newport area?, i live in the Chepstow area and distance can be an issue, but will make more of an effort to get to the brynmawr site soon.

I use to live in Rhiwderin and have had a session on Machen common, was'nt to bad, might be worth a look?

Archived