NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

sw nirvana 16mm

faulksy

whats peeps thoughts on this as im going for a drive around 12 today to collect something. have spoke to few on here and still dont know were im going in respect of e.ps was thinking hyperion but have heard a lot about these please help

Great eyepiece - Nagler performance for a lot less £'s. I'd only dissuade you if you wear glasses when observing as the 12mm eye relief is a little tight for that. I forked out £60 to move to a 16mm Nagler from one of these and it was money wasted - the Nirvana / UWAN (clones) were just as good.

Got the Nirvana 16mm delivered on Thursday and I had a break in the clouds last night so tried it out on Venus, clear, crisp crescent shape, best view I've had of that planet, but cloud and haze were moving in again so didnt get the chance to see much else. Wouldn't hesitate to buy the 7mm, well, once I clear some space in my eyepiece case :D

Congratulations !

Do use the adjustable twist up eye cup to find the "right" position for your eye - I find twisting it up a few mm is right for me but others will probably differ.

Congratulations !

Do use the adjustable twist up eye cup to find the "right" position for your eye - I find twisting it up a few mm is right for me but others will probably differ.

thanks john did wonder what the arrows were for, scopes out cooling now let you no how i get on:D

Would this eyepiece perform just as good in a 2" focuser with 1.25" adapter fit in as any other 82° 16mm eyepiece which originally has a 2" end? (Not that I know if there are any equivalents tbh! Just that my telescope will have a 2" focuser and 16mm is very much what my first buy would be.)

At 16mm you don't need a 2" barrel, so it'll work just as well. My 16mm WO UWAN is my favourite eyepiece - it works well in all the scopes I have. I've now got the 7mm on order too!

Helen

At 16mm you don't need a 2" barrel, so it'll work just as well. My 16mm WO UWAN is my favourite eyepiece - it works well in all the scopes I have. I've now got the 7mm on order too!

Helen

What would be the line between which you need either 1.25" or 2" eyepieces?

I just learnt something John -thanks!

Helen

I've just realised that I was talking bunkum actually Helen :(

I used to own a Widescan III eyepiece which was a 1.25" eyepiece that delivered an 84 degree apparent field of view. The outer parts of that field were rather messy in scopes faster than F/7 but it was very nice at F/10. Perhaps 16mm or so is the limit for a really well corrected ultra-wide 1.25" eyepiece :)

Sorry for the confusion :)

Interesting news about the forthcoming Meade John - it will be interesting to see how that one measures up :confused:

just to add a bit the 16mm nirvana i purchased is absolutely breath taking the whole field of view is increddible off axis is perfect no birds comets. compared it to my hyperion which i find very good, the hyperion on bright objects right at the edge of the fov gave false colour but the nirvana was absolutely perfect. clusters were the same framed lovely with good power on my 9.25 so it can be used every time i view, would recommend shame they dont do a 12mm

Archived