Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn April 12th

Space Cowboy

Nice work Stuart :D

Looks like you captured the storm activity and a nice job with the Crepe Ring.

Quite a bit clipped in the highlights though :) which I think has washed out a bit of colour detail in the planet.

And I thought Saturn was faint for you guys :(:D

Nice work Stuart :D

Looks like you captured the storm activity and a nice job with the Crepe Ring.

Quite a bit clipped in the highlights though :) which I think has washed out a bit of colour detail in the planet.

And I thought Saturn was faint for you guys :(:D

best thing is to saturate before raising levels Rob.But thats a fair stab with the likely less than good conditions

Yeah think I will have to settle for 15fps with the powermate or go down to a 3x + extension for 30fps. Max gain is just too noisy with the dfk.

This was taken using 30fps. Obviously did not hlep my cause shooting at a low alt....well lower alt, Saturn is low anyway lol.

Seeing was not too bad just after I cleared the secondary of dew but after a couple of mins it went pear shaped.

This one looks too faint Stuart:rolleyes::(:D (sorry! Just kidding):)

To clear up my earlier comment I think it was just the rings that were clipped in the highlights(check the histo :eek:), and if the histo was 50% at capture then it was most likely a result of processing. More to the point is the fact that I don't really care too much :) I've done it myself plenty of times. I simply like to tell people in case their monitor is set too dark without them realizing. Different if every image was clipped, but most of yours are very nicely done :confused:

Archived