Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron C14 on A&E Mount

I do not want to give any wrong impressions here, but that mount although it looks good, would not be all that difficult to make.

In fact, it looks as though a person who is skilled in light engineering has built that one himself.

The bolts supporting the mount look a bit on the light sideand a few plain washers could have been used too I reckon. Unless of course it has just been posed for the photograph. Is it yours Tom? :D

Ron. :lol:

No mate it was made by A and E by the hyson brothers one made the optics and one the mounts the shafts are made of 2" diam stainless you need to stand next to it to get a real scale The bar/bolts are M16 i think

Gaz a G11 w'ont hold a c14 in my opinion mate i tried one you need something that will hold it with ease hence the beast mount may look simple but very effective the mount is driven in Ra by AWR tech at a cost of arount £500 for the Ra motor the dec is hand driven when i bought the mount it was holding up a 16" f 5.3 newt with ease

• 4 weeks later...

What time is the launch? :)

I first read that as 'What time is lunch' and thought you were referring to the tub of apple and blackcurrant in the background! :D

What is the motive power for the RA drive,more than a couple of AA bateries I imagine?

CW

Archived