Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I think i am getting a bit better

jasperuk

Looking good there Jasper, M42 is a great subject its just about ready to say goodbye to us all at the moment but when it comes back you can really go to town on it. If you need any help processing I have a set of photoshop tutorials on my utube channel that will give you a load of tips for dealing with the core and general processing of the image.

Correcting colours with curves and fixing burned out cores - YouTube

Congrats Jasper...

The Colour's are typical of an un-modded DSLR and can be tweaked as Kev as said...

How is the camera attached to the scope? I think there may be a little bit of tilt between the camera and the scope as the stars in the top right are very tight but get elenongated and slightly larger towards the bottom left...

Keep up the good work :)

Peter...

Congrats Jasper...

The Colour's are typical of an un-modded DSLR and can be tweaked as Kev as said...

How is the camera attached to the scope

Peter...

How do i know what colours it is supposed to be :)

It was a prime focus shot....

Colour... Take a look at the images from the "big boys" - I used to check out Rob Gendlers images...These days there are many more to choose from including a lit who post on here...

Ok its a prime focus shot but how is the camera attached to the focuser?

Are you using a push fit connection or the T thread direct connection if its an option with your setup...?

Peter...

A good rule of thumb test for colour balance is to look at each colour in Levels.

The top left hand side of the peak in each channel should line up. That's a good place to start, anyway. You can only correct them by moving them to the left so be sure not to clip too hard early on in the stretch.

Olly

T Thread but i have to be honest it not screwed in all the way i presume thats the problem ???

Check to see that the camera can't move/rock on the focuser drawtube and that the drawtube can't move about in the focuser...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Archived