Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Nexstar 102 SLT PROMO

With so many telescopes currently in short supply it feels good to say we not only have Celestron Nexstar 102 SLT telescopes in stock but we bought them back when they were available on promo' so are offering them at the reduced price of £329, saving £40! :icon_salut:

The Nexstar 102 is one of Celestron's most popular telescopes and an excellent introduction to astronomy.

celestron_nexstar_102_slt.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jon,

I have the Skywatcher 102 AZ Goto.

The OTA could be hand luggage sized - depending on how you want to carry / protect it and what airline you use?

Keep mine in a Stanley Case with the styrene end caps as in the picture; the case is a shade over 25 inches long.

The OTA is 21 and a quarter inches long.

HTH,

Chris

post-26476-133877766167_thumb.jpg

Thanks Chris, that helps a lot. I would carry the OTA and eyepieces etc as hand luggage and the mount in the cargo hold.

I will take out with me to Kenya and also Cyprus.

The other idea is to buy the Skywatcher goto mount and the Startravel 120 OTA if it's light enough for the mount.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The set up is great and quick to use, but think that the 120 would be pushing the mount a little too far.

There is a fair about of false colour on the planets with mine, assuming the celestron will be the same, so perhaps a minus violet filter or similar?

Kenya and Cyprus skies sound exciting - good luck with whatever kit you take.

Chris

The baader fringe killer worked well in this scope when i had it.Great scope for sweeping the night sky :D

If the OTA is the same as the Skywatcher (I think it is) then is awesome for sweeping the night sky and using the tracking to show people the skies. Mine has seen extensive use with Norwich Astro Society.

Here it is a little frozen in February. The car computer showed -7.5 on the way home.

post-26476-133877766795_thumb.jpg

Took it home, thawed out on the mount indoors and all was fine. Even at that temp the mount still worked, sadly couldn't see a thing through the eyepiece (as you'd expect). Tough little scope and mount, well pleased. My finger tips hurt like hell packing it up on the bare metal though - not so clever wearing fingerless gloves!

thats one thing that makes me laugh with electronics and optics

in my mates factory he makes circuit boards for japan each circuit board is SMB so its pick placed, solder pasted and past through a oven at around 250degrees c, so every component on the board can handle that temperature, but they have to put a sticker saying please dont go above 40 degrees and below -1 (they also test the boards in a -26 freezer)

but as ant said a good night is a frozen night, just make sure theres no frost bite on your fingers:P

Archived