NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Clocks forward tonight

valleyman

My shift at work will be an hour later to start and finish (finishing at 01.30 next week) as I have to match a Bangalore team's start time, and they don't have daylight time.

I'd love to see DST scrapped completely, and changes made to the start times of work shifts and school start times to suit the sun instead of changing the clock to suit...

It'll be so much harder to get up the hour earlier towards the start of next week now!

My shift at work will be an hour later to start and finish (finishing at 01.30 next week) as I have to match a Bangalore team's start time, and they don't have daylight time.

I'd love to see DST scrapped completely, and changes made to the start times of work shifts and school start times to suit the sun instead of changing the clock to suit...

It'll be so much harder to get up the hour earlier towards the start of next week now!

i could not agree more

I'm a little shocked that I genuinely didn't know the clocks went forward this weekend until I read this post. I wonder how long I'd have taken to notice?

I'd certainly not be that worried if we dropped BST (or GMT, whichever makes most sense). My watches have stayed on BST for the last few years anyhow :blob10:

James

It is daft isn't it. I'd much prefer they just left us on GMT/UTC all the time.

If they get their way we're going to be moving a couple of hours forward in time to be the same as europe in a year or two, and stay there :blob10:

Whatever happened to the proper straight time lines?

Archived