Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orange object moving fast through the Plough about 7pm?

jonathan

Spotted this with the naked eye as I was just peering up at the stars, in binoculars it looked distinctly orange in colour, what could it have been? It didn't look like a plane, the lights were not flashing and it looked too small.

It was heading in a North North West direction.

They would appear orange if seen just after sunset. But the later you go into the night they appear white.

Thats my experience.

I think I'll go with this, it seemed too much like a satellite to be anything else.

The orange colour to me suggests that it was a Chinese Lantern. Also it may have been the belly of a bird being lit up by the streetlights below. If it was a satellite...........it most likely would have been a white light.

I'd love to see that bird...

Ive seen it happen. An orange light(s) passing over and all of a sudden changing direction. I opened it up to the floor here and was told that it was likely a bird(s) flying over and being lit up by the lights below.

Weirdest thing i have ever seen.

I see this most night if I stay in the garden rather than the obsy.

Usually seagulls or something, flying at night, in flocks of 10 or 15 or so. The lights from the airport next door really light them up. Bright lights going through the close sky with no noise is really quite wierd.

On the best nights there is sometimes a bunch of young barn owls calling and screeching to each other. They also turn orange in sodium light :)

Archived