Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron X-Cel LX Price Increase

I have been looking at getting another of the X-Cel LX eyepieces and while looking around found dealers selling them from £67.00 to £89.00. Quick check on the Celestron UK website and the SRP is now £85.00. :)

I suppose when any dealer who has them at the old price has to restock they'll be putting the prices up. :hello2:

John

Last weekend it seemed as if pretty well everyone was selling them at about £70.00, but this weekend there's only few dealers still selling them at that price. The most common price is now £85.00 with some at £79.95. Also a couple of dealers still selling at £69.00 had run out of the 5mm among others.

Just ordered the 5mm. :)

John

The price increase puts them in line with the Meade 5000 HD-60 which is apparently the same eyepiece.

I wonder if Meade will be increasing their prices soon as so many others have. Explore Scientific has just put their prices up by 20% in the US.

John

we'll have to stop recomending them on this forum...they've become too popular...lol

Are there any eyepiece with comparable quality between £50 - £100? £90 per eyepiece will make it much harder to decide between them and the Baader Hyperion.

I put my order when the recent thread about the celestron price rise came out. Went for the 7mm, 12mm and the 25mm. 100% glad I did! They are still £65 from sherwoods...

I put my order when the recent thread about the celestron price rise came out. Went for the 7mm, 12mm and the 25mm. 100% glad I did! They are still £65 from sherwoods...

same as you with the 25/12/7 and was going to get the 5 but now i think i will just get the xcel lx barlow instead

Hi

just bought the 7mm lx from flo - priced at £69

I didnt know the prices were going up - have you tried any others from the range?

was wondering to get another ep before the price increases.

thanks for the warning

• 2 weeks later...
Got mine from here Crayford Focusers, Specialty Filters items in Agena AstroProducts store on eBay! only the 9-18 and maby the 2.3 fast shipping im a happy man : )

Sadly we pay quite a lot of import duty / tax on stuff imported from the USA which puts the price up to close to the normal price over here.

I can't think that the 2.3mm would be useful in many scopes.

Archived