Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

BST explorer EP's on Ebay

pel

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed, I recently bought the 25mm 'runt' as I needed to plug the gap between my 18mm and the 32mm Panaview. Nearly a week on, I haven't had the chance to give it a proper run out in darkness, although it seemed okay on a quickie session and in the ZS80 in 'spotting scope' mode. It needs a night under the magnifying glass of the F5 reflector to see what it's really like though.

Incidentally, it turned up as an Explorer, so thus far, the EP case still matches. The thing I have noticed is that the sizes seem a bit random. The 5 and the 12, the 25 and the 18 are hard to tell apart by feel and in the dark, the coloured rings aren't really very helpful. By the look of it, the 8mm would add tactile confusion to the 18 and 25mm pot.

Russell

Especially for £41 a pop, when they were.
You could always buy an Olivon for £89....

There may be differences, but £42s worth over the current £47 seems unlikely to be good value. BTW, whats with the 40x, 96x, etc markings on the Olivons? 40x in what?

Russell

I bought the 8mm and 25mm of this range from Alan and I love them. They are fantastic! I am saving up for a few more in this range.

If you go to Sky's the Limit

You can try them. You basically buy as many as you like, use them for a few weeks then mail them back telling him which ones you want. You get new eyepieces sent back to you with a refund on which ever you did want. Great service!

Archived