Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC410 The Tadpoles. Narrowband

SlipperySquid

Hi all,

As title IC410 Tadpole Nebula in Auriga just up from the flaming star nebula. The colours on this one are slightly muted as I didn't want it to come across overly garish and no doubt I'll be reprocessing it again...and again...:)

SII,HA,OIII data mapped RGB and colours tweaked using the selective colour tool in Photoshop.

Additional tweaking done within photoshop and Pixinsight.

Ha 32x15min subs =8hrs

OIII 20x15=5hrs

SII 16X15=4hrs (ran out of clear sky now :icon_scratch: )

Varying conditions for imaging over the different nights but none of them excellent (high haze, moonlight etc)

Used the Heq5 belt mod supplied by Malc-c to get the last 3 hours of Ha data and it performed flawlessly (get one while you can)

Anyway enough waffle have a looksee :)

Clear skies all,

Matt.

post-17960-133877742128_thumb.jpg

Hi Matt.

That is a superb image,no doubt about it,very well done indeed.

But 17hrs,i think i,d go round the bend.

But thats the difference between yours and mine.

Anyway if you dont produce good images on this site,you get very few comments if any.

Cheers mate.

Mick.

Great result Matt, As most folks know, I'm not the biggest fan of narrowband due to sometimes garish colour results (over processed, only my opinion of course), BUT I have to say this image has changed my perspective, so much so that my OIII, SII and Ha clip in filters will soon be on order. I absolutely love the colours and detail, the processing is fantastic. You come along way after the Nikon lol.

Another marathon from his Squidyness – very nice image, it’s a shame you’re not coming to SGL as you could help motivate me to do long captures like this.

I’m currently doing IC1805 (I know I’m following Neil around the sky at the moment…) but have got bored after about 8 hours of data over the last few sessions so I am going to stop now and have a go at processing it.

Keep imaging

Mick

Cheers fellas for all the posotive coments!

The reason I'm taking loads of data is because I can't think of any other objects to do :) I don't want to have to take my filter wheel to bits all the time to swap to RGB so being lazy has made for better images :)

As I've said before, the hubble pallette or "false colour" is down to the person processing and what looks best to there eyes.Myself and Neil spent a good 3 hours talking through processing techniques on Skype with him have the data that I sent.Sending emails to and fro with the data he'd processed and the colour he liked was completely different to what I liked though without his processing know how of pixinsight I would never have got to that stage. So a big thanks to Neil for all the help AND I will name my next child or new pet after him :icon_scratch:

AstroMick,

With my skies and the f-ratio of the scope I need the time to get anything decent. Your images are coming along in leaps and bounds! The next clear night just bang your HA filter in and let that run for a full session on a target! it's only one night and I think you'll be surprised at what comes out.

MickD,

I'm gutted I'm not at SGL this year! I will miss you and Neil a lot and next year I will arrange my holidays around SGL! You do realise that you will be Camp Cook/Cheif popt washer? as we all know that the King of Holland does not lower himself to such menial tasks!!!

Though Andrea has bought him fur linned moon boots to keep his tootsies warm cos we all know how he moans about the cold.

Take care matey!

Matt.

Hey steady on... Keeping your feet warm is important to maintain your concentration!!!

IC1805 - Heart Nebula is great Mick, you will enjoy imaging it. I have to get my new reducer in the correct position before I come back to it. This and the Rosetta are going to be my SGL7 targets.

It going to be weird without Matt but I'm sure that we will console ourselves with enough wine and beer and bacon butties etc...

Hi Matt.

Am a bit fed up with mediocre images,trouble is i try to image even when conditions are,nt right,Moonlight,High cloud,mist,you get the picture.

Must discipline mysely to only image when conditions are right.

Have now got narrowband filters,but unfortunately now objects are few and far between as its Galaxy season.

I blame the weather,your always in a rush to beat the ......clouds.

Anyway the passion is still there,thats the main thing.

Cheers matey.

Mick.

Baring in mind I am a complete novice! haha

But from the great picture above, does it not look at though the stars are starting to form up in a circle? Ie the making or a galaxy..or something pulling them around to form that shape?

Cor, these are SO good. Your colour mapping for the Tadpoles has worked superbly to bring them out from what lies behind them. The colour contrast is just what's needed. NB colour mapping at its best.

And I love your colours for the Heart. Some NB palettes just don't look like the night but this does and the stars are tiny and clean.

Olly

Archived