Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rest In Peace BGO!

Damo636

I was waiting on a 12.5mm for a month or so but FLO just couldn't get one. Got an 18mm instead and love it in my 180 Mak.

But still looking...

Has anyone tried these orthos? Lyra Optic - Eyepieces

Cheers

Ian

the 18mm is a superb ep for the 180 pro, x150 or x 300 with a barlow

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only recieved my first 18mm bgo yesterday ,tryed it out last night

very pleased crisp and sharp barlowed very well giveing better view

than 8mm hyperion on moon may part with hyperion

I had a 9mm volcano top Ortho for a while.

A very nice EP especially for their price and not that much between them and the Baader ones.

The Baader ones are slightly sharper off axis. In the centre theres not a lot in it.

I shall probably be able to gaze wistfully at my ex 9mm, 12.5mm and 18mm happy in their new homes with Moonshane and Nightfisher at PSP ;);)

Right decision to sell because I wasn't using them enough but they are very good!!

Stu

you can borrow them anytime mate! the 9mm is in my scope now but it's a white out currently. funnily enough I must be one of the few people that find the flat top of the BGOs more comfortable and easier to find correct eye placement than with the VTs. I had a 9mm UO VT and it was nice but much prefer the 9mm BGO.

Cheers Shane, appreciated ;):)

Haven't bothered putting the scope out tonight, wall to wall cloud, hoping tomorrow may be better. Just glad I got a good crack at mars last night

Stu

Archived