Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Starlight Xpress SXVR-694

FLO

The new Starlight Xpress 694 range of CCD cameras are incoming.

They feature the Sony ICX694A CCD which is essentially a larger and more sensitive version of the hugely popular Sony 285 sensor as found in the SX SXVR-H9 and Atik 314L-Plus.

starlight_xpress_H694.jpg

This highly versatile sensor features 4.75 micron pixels and peak 77% QE so is ideally suited to short to medium focal length scopes and will provide a very high sampling rate.

When binned 2x2 (mono only) the pixels will still be relatively small at 9.5 microns rendering the camera perfect for imaging at long focal lengths achieving the perfect sampling rate for high resolution imaging together with ultra low noise and very high sensitivity.

We don't yet have a clear ETA or price but will update this thread as soon as we know.

I see Starizona have quoted a price halfway between the H18 and H16 - which is a bit more expensive than I was expecting after Terry Platt suggested it would be similar to the SXVF-H18. Interesting to see exactly how it pans out over here.

I note that the SXVR-H9 is on sale at £1120 which is a bit of a bargain - really glad I managed to sell mine a month or so ago in anticipation of upgrading!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived