NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Looking up from Wolverhampton area

Astro-Nova

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mickey

as well as the Woloves & Black country group on SGL, have you been to any of the Wolves AS meetings or the Perton Library AS group or the Cannock Civic Observatory group, all pretty close.

By trying as many of these as you can will increase the number of sites to observe from and some great help & advice is available:icon_salut:

I subscribed on the wolves black country group (although thats what IO think ive done) and will deffo look into it thank you ;) Ill just wait for an announcement to come across

hi there neighbour! I live in wednesbury not far from you and know what you mean about light pollution. hope to see you around some time at star parties or local events. regards. steve

That is close, I live in Darlaston, we should deffo keep in touch ;)

Hi Mickey

Glad to see you are in touch with local gazers, check out the Shropshire A.S web site in case you come this way.

hey thank you for the offer. I will look it out for sure! I found shropshire nearest area for less light pollution. Im going to have a look on the site straight away. Thank you!

hello Paul

That is the right attitude indeed. But with a bit of time there is a possibility to just load everything in the car and visit the nearest area outside our bright hazardous light-bulb. I am quite familiar around rowley regis, if no LP, we would known some nice spots!

But as you said we gotta make the most of it!

• 1 month later...

Hi and welcome. I'm in Wolves myself. Would be interesting to learn of the sites in shropshire you know of for clearer skies. I'm struggling with my camera at the moment, can't seem to get it to focus, the eye pieces focus fine, but when the camera is attached no good. I also think I may have a dodgy Barlow lens, lol. No problem meeting for a coffee and a gaze anytime !

• 5 months later...

Just found this thread am off this week to a dark site in Shropshire namely Sparchford Farm Campsite, Culmford, near Ludlow if you google it you will see the details am with the walsallasto forum and they have arranged this by all accounts it's a good site to go to. Caravans with electric or tents.

If anyone is interested I will post a report when it's over new week

Happy skies

Archived