Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Best budget midrange EP.

paul mc c

No worries mate. I tend to try and offer recommendations based on what I have and have used if possible and know you don't mind smaller AFOV. I think I'd sooner have a smaller 'all good' field than a wider 'some good' field. There will certainly be other options and a lot rave about the celestrons so this might be worth a shot.

I thought the UWAN / Nirvana 16mm was a very nice eyepiece. They are not too cheap at £145 new but I've seen them for £90-£100 used.

If the target is < £100 new then I'd probably go with the Celestron X-Cell LS too although you have to go 12mm or 18mm with those.

If the target is < £50 then the BST Explorer or the Vixen NPL's would be worth considering.

At £50 mark the BST (now Starguider) option fits. 12mm, 15mm or 18mm.

Another TMB planetary, WO Planetary ~ £60. (better check this)

Celestron X-Cel's and Meade 5000 are both around the £75 mark.

Vixen, Orion plossl's, not sure of the cost.

My pal is off to USA in a few weeks time.....I've had the offer of her getting me some stuff and bringing it back.....I'm getting Celestron X Cel LX 7mm 12mm and 25mm and the 2 x Barlow.....all for £144......

Not bad, and prob a bit better than the standard stuff i'm using with my Skywatcher Explorer 130p

Archived