Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M 74 GALAXY

CELESCOPE

This has to be one of the hardest i have tried being faint although at mag 9.8 it has always been a hard one to get , even with the fast star it took 60 subs of 50 second each to capture this amount of detail , but i,m happy , Celestron gps 8 at F1.95 .processed in Maxim and PS .

ROG

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing around with a colourisation algorithm as a distraction from my disseration, it looks a little over processed at the moment but seems a pretty cool technique, as soon as I understand how it works I'll try and extend it and hopefully offer an online version :clouds2:

image.jpg

yep can easily link some desaturation code in there, trouble is the colorisation code is in a form I can't use for web-based stuff, so I'm looking for an existing solution that I can hack together, failing that I'll print out the journal article this research comes from and have a crack of doing it myself :clouds2:

I've posted a link to a program that does this in the links section, I googled it and they had already beat me to it.... it's not geared specifically towards astro images though so there may still be room for my idea :clouds2:

Archived