Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

William Hershel museum in Bath

vegaandarctures

Went last year for a day trip, a nice place to visit. There is also the Bath photo Optics shops in the Podium shoping centre which sells some of the smaller scopes (Meade & Skywatcher etc). It also so sells quite a wide range of EPs and other accessories. I bought a 240 to 12 volt power supply for my EQ6 there.

Nice to know It's worth a visit. :(

A good friend of mine moved to Bath last year because of his missus new job. We have planned a visit this Easter and I've already told them I can't go to Bath without a visit to the Herschel museum!! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

I have never been to this museum but it sounds great.

On a similar subject today I visited the museum of the history of science in Oxford which has a fantastic and fairly random collection of old scopes, from the 1600s onwards and including some built by Herschel. There's also a huge pastel drawing of the Moon from the 1700s, really interesting to see how our view of the Moon has changed.

Archived