Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Oh no! Just tried some binos

Kedvenc

Just set my telescope up to cool. While waiting I've been trying out some old bino's of mine I managed to find. Never realised the views could be so good! Might be splashing out on some good bino's now to take around with me on my travels.

Might be splashing out on some good bino's now to take around with me on my travels.

Check out the SGL binocular forums (plenty of threads on binocular selection).

An initial web site to check out might be Binocular Sky (the author, Steve, frequents these forums). Choosing a first binocular could be a good place to start...:)

hi before you go splashing loads a cash out,next time in in your local town go have a look through all the charity shop windows,about 2 years ago out of the cancer trust one i got some prinz 20x70 bino in a mint case and two sets of filters they must be 40 years old ,but when they on a tripod the wide fild views are mega have a look round

Bins are always an asset to a scope since many large objects, such as M45 (Pliades), are better to observe in bins. I always keep a pair handy while waiting for my scope to cool down and during trips in my car.

A pair of decent bins are really useful. My 10x43 give me at least two magnitudes improvement from what I can see with the naked eye.

From home the likes of the double cluster and M35 are invisible to the naked eye but quite obvious in the binoculars :)

I am so glad you posted this thread, I was driving over the rest and be thankfull pass in Scotland tonight and stopped to look at the sky. Andromeda Galaxy was visible and I would have killed for a good pair of bins. Must, must get some. Anyone tried those mirrors where you point the bins down. Supposed to be easier to keep them steady I guess

Just sold my Celestron 15x70's and then bought a pair of Helios nature Sport Plus 10x50WA - just waiting for the delivery.

I'm a beginner amateur astronomer but I do realise that having a pair of bins is probably important to me as a scope or eyepiece!!!

Nothing beats a quick 10 mins outside with the bins.

Archived