Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anything else required - kit?

I'm coming to the end of the spending (well for forseeable anyway)

Do I need any other lens to cover DSO viewing or planetary?

This is what I have with my 200p so far

the Stock 25mm and 10mm lens

Skywatcher premium Barlow x2

Tal Barlow x2

Baader Hyperion 8mm with 28mm (FTR)

Panaview 32mm on order

7mm Plossl

Celestron Moon Filter

I know you can go on upgrading adfinitum - but is there anything obvoius I am missing that would make the experience that much better?

appreciate anyones thoughts

thanks folks

Steve

I'm coming to the end of the spending (well for forseeable anyway)

Do I need any other lens to cover DSO viewing or planetary?

This is what I have with my 200p so far

the Stock 25mm and 10mm lens

Skywatcher premium Barlow x2

Tal Barlow x2

Panaview 32mm on order

7mm Plossl

Celestron Moon Filter

I know you can go on upgrading adfinitum - but is there anything obvoius I am missing that would make the experience that much better?

appreciate anyones thoughts

thanks folks

Steve

You have the standard 10mm and 25mm. Not great but absolutely fine. You have a TAL 2x..........excellent. 32mm pano on order...........GREAT. 7mm Plossl..........not bad at all.

You are missing something in the 15mm range.

Is that a zoom eyepiece?. If so forget a 15mm.

I think you have just about everything for basic good quality observing. Maybe add a light pollution filter (£30) if needed.

I agree with Rik, above! My Telrad has to go down as one of my best buys I have made! Used alongside the standard finderscope (they both fit fine on my own 200P) it makes finding targets a great deal easier, well for me anyhow!:icon_salut:

Hope you have fun with your new kit!

Doc

You have the standard 10mm and 25mm. Not great but absolutely fine. You have a TAL 2x..........excellent. 32mm pano on order...........GREAT. 7mm Plossl..........not bad at all.

You are missing something in the 15mm range.

Is that a zoom eyepiece?. If so forget a 15mm.

I think you have just about everything for basic good quality observing. Maybe add a light pollution filter (£30) if needed.

Thanks Luke - no the 8mm Hyperion is not a zoom lens but with the use of the fine tuning rings the focal length can be changed to a 6mm as I understand it - plus also the Barlow wil cover up to 4mm I guess if I ever get decent enough viewing conditions

15 mm range - OK- gonna be a while now but that will be the next one to look for - thanks again

Sorry to deviate slightly Steve. How do you find the two barlows?

Hi Rob - the Tal only came on Tuesday and is actually in our local sorting office so I have to pick it up on the way home from work this afternoon - when I get it and have clear skies I'll do a comparison and see if it is actually that much better than the SW - seems to have great reviews and was under £40 so hopefully a worthwhile addition

Steve

How about a Rigel QuikFinder or Telrad to make it easier to find things? Best £30 I ever spent for observing.

Hi Rik - yes I've got the Reigl quick finder rather than the telrad on order with FLO aswel - 10-12 days back order apparantly - in fact I've noticed that a lot of the things I've been looking for are on back order or unavailable with a lot of supplIers at the moment not just FLO- Panaview lens, Reigl - the telrad was the same- Cox effect perhaps?

Hi Rob - the Tal only came on Tuesday and is actually in our local sorting office so I have to pick it up on the way home from work this afternoon - when I get it and have clear skies I'll do a comparison and see if it is actually that much better than the SW - seems to have great reviews and was under £40 so hopefully a worthwhile addition

Steve

Yeah heard good things on here about the Tal, just wondered if it would be worth the wait (are places catching up with their orders yet?) over the SW barlow.

Archived