Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

More StarTrails

Following on from a previous nights success I was out again last night shooting StarTrails again with a slightly different angle.

digz-albums-widefield-picture15558-startrails-take-2.jpg

4hrs of exposure taken in 2min chunks and stacked with StarStax. Taken with my D7000 and a Hahnel Intervolometer and my 10-20mm sigma lens.

Not sure about the lens flares, I guess it gives something different to the scene - what do you think?

Hope you like.

I love that lens; I have one for my Canon 500D. I've got the 10-20 f/2.8 (I think, maybe 2.3, I'd have to look). It's a very versatile lens. The shot looks great, especially with the lens flares! I might try to adjust the black point just a touch, but that's my only criticism.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.288013,-81.207515

Thank you for the comments guys.

Gemma these shots were all done in RAW so I could adjust the white balance post processing before stacking, a custom WB would also work. That allows me to fine tune the WB taking into account the different light sources. Also allows me to control the orange sky glow, which was also helped in part by limiting the exposures to 2min.

Hope that helps and if you've got any more questions feel free to ask.

Archived