I've done it............Ordered Skywatcher 200P Dob

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just had a brainwave. I'll take her out for a meal tonight. She's been going on about wanting to go to Jamie Oliver's restaurant in Glasgow for a while. On Monday i'll see if i can find one of those places to name a star after her. Come Tuesday/Wednesday when the scope arrives it will be to show her the star i named. I'm a genius

I've just had a brainwave. I'll take her out for a meal tonight. She's been going on about wanting to go to Jamie Oliver's restaurant in Glasgow for a while. On Monday i'll see if i can find one of those places to name a star after her. Come Tuesday/Wednesday when the scope arrives it will be to show her the star i named. I'm a genius

Anyone else thinking dead man walking???

:D

Great telescope...had mine about one week now.

As above, the boxes are BIG....!

So don't even try to hide it from her...

I was lucky in respect of the fact that I funded my purchase by selling off a few camera lenses I was hardly using, so she couldn't really moan...much...

Her only gripe is where the thing is going to be stored when not in use, but I'll get around that somehow.

However, after she had a squint at Jupiter and four of it's moons...saw Saturn with it's rings, the Orion Nebula and cracking views of the moon, she's actually quite interested now....:D

Enjoy the 'scope.

Anyone else thinking dead man walking???

:clouds1:

I can go down the alpha male route. "Woman, this is MY house and in my house I pay ALLLL the bills and pay for ALLLL the food you and the kids eat...and if i want a telescope paid for with the money I EARN then god damn it i will have one" :D

That's a great scope you've bought there. I've got one myself and love it to bits. It's a big ****** to lug around, I'm 5,10 with an average build and I struggle to carry the ******. But once it's outside and being used its epic. I got round the the GF by saying "what would you rather I do at night? Something constructive or sitting on acomputer??" the scope was allowed to stay :D

Enjoy your purchase when it turns up :clouds1:

Dazz

This reminds me of the time I bought a racecar, the then wife said "no chance, it's me or a car" I calmly said "I'm picking it up tomorrow night, do you want a hand with your bags?"

We're divorced now, maybe I underestimated that one a bit.

Probably not funny, but I did chuckle a bit:)

I can go down the alpha male route. "Woman, this is MY house and in my house I pay ALLLL the bills and pay for ALLLL the food you and the kids eat...and if i want a telescope paid for with the money I EARN then god damn it i will have one" :clouds1:

Oh Dear, this is going to be messy........very messy!:D

Congratulations on ordering a truly great bit of kit. I keep mine in the living room, in Dob corner and I personally think it looks great there. It has been more of an ornament since I have had it, about 4 weeks now, but what an ornament. If my Mrs says to me she doesn't like it there, then I will say "OK I will take it out for a few hours" ha she dont mind really.

Archived