Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Small scope, needs home.

Dave Dubya

The Royal Observatory Edinburgh will be decommissioning a 20 inchtelescope this spring. If an astronomical society is interested intaking this off their hands, see the attached PDF for more detail.

Pdf should be attached to this post.

Anyone interested in a 20-inch catadioptric? Comes with mount included!

scope.pdf

Hmmm. This would make an attractive garden centrepiece, and would be a talking point of interest to guests.

Does that sound convincing enough?

Seriously however, how many astro socs could properly accommodate that at short notice? The load of 60s electronics won't be much fun, either - well, I'm sure there are plenty of "old tech" geeks who'd love to have a look at it, but modernising it won't be cheap or quick 'n' easy.

But I love the idea of using a netbook to select a target on CdC, then that thing rumbles into motion!

Dammm... should of made the observatory bigger :)

Wonder how much the crane hire and haulage cost would be to Herefordshire - SGL could have our own observatory at the campsite :) !

I second this motion!!! (And it has NOTHING to do with me living just down the road, honest :-) )

Archived