Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 2327 Seagull nebula

Coco

Shot this through a Tamron 300mm f/2.8 IF LD adaptall II lens mounted with an M42 adaptall converter.

18 x 10 minutes

lens stopped down to f/3.5

Astronomik Ha 1.25 filter mounted in USB 1 filter wheel

May do some OIII & SII if the weather plays ball...

original.jpg

That's lovely, Guy, as Ron says, a fitting name for the object when captured like this. I really must talk to you again about the mod. to the filter wheel - was it the USB one that you 'operated' on?

Thanks peeps..

Steve.. No it was an ATIK 19mm thick manual FW..

I had to wear the M42 male thread on the lens adapter to fit the T2 thread on the filter wheel, it works a treat and comes into infinity at about 3 meters ... but it works :)

I’ve ditched the EOS adapter due to having no more EOS lenses, but haven’t given up tho' :)

Ive a drawing of a 10mm filter wheel to get off to the CAD technician, that has a Nikon mount deliberately so EOS /Nikon adapters allow Canon lens fit .. it will also house both 2" and 1.25 filters.. For CCD's with a lens registration of 17mm or less :)

Archived