Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M101

Martin 2

That's a fine image Martin. I have never owned a CCD camera, although I have played around with a MX5C belonging to Border Astro Society,

I found it difficult, but only because it was all new and different. There is no doubt you will master it, and judging by the pic. you are well on the way to doing that.

Ron. :)

That's a very good 'starting point' Martin, well done.

Its all takes time, practice and a LOT of patience. It can be quite frustrating at times, but when it does come right, it gives an awaful lot of satisfaction.

You are most definitley off to a 'head start', so keep at it!!

Davw

Nice start, good focus and nice round stars. :)

Quick tip, try not to clip the black point when processing it helps keep the image more natural looking.

Looking forward to more. :)

Great first go Martin. You're going to have a great time with that camera. I think you've got some good data there. Have you had a look at the imaging primers. You might find the one on levels and curves useful. Unfortunately the images have been lost from the primer but I will get round to re adding them soon. Are you using photoshop.

You can use star 2000 with your camera but it does double the exposure times.

Thanks for the comments folks.

CC yes it can guide from the same chip but I need to get a wedge for the scope to make use of it I think.

MB I do have photoshop and did use levels and curves, I aligned and combined in Maxim 1st.

Its just the skill level is lacking but it will come.(I hope). At the moment Its really great to get an image, Couldnt believe it when the 1st sub appeared, what a great hobby this is. I,m just off to the N.L.O at Sidmouth, with a bit of luck I shall be looking through huge telescopes tonight.

M2

Archived