A hello from Bedfordshire!

funkymonk1984

Hi Guys,

Firstly great job on the website/forum have already learnt so much. I am 27 years old and live on the border between Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire.

My Physics teacher at school failed to inspire me but where he fell short the nights sky left me wondering and eager to research.

I remember where my path here started, a few weeks back i was driving back from work. I decided to take the lane route home rather than the boredom of the A1 and noticed the stars...they blew me away. I felt sad i didnt know much about them.

Like many others that im sure have joined on here recently Brian Cox and his wonders/stargazing series have helped light my fire.

So here i am eager to learn and to eventually invest in my first telescope (not yet though) and see these wonders a little bit close!

Ah thanks guys such warm welcomes. I hav just been looking out of my window (about to boot my pc up but thought i wud leave the light off for a min and look) I think i can see Venus in the west (19:20) just above the horizon? So exciting if im rite. I kno it prob isnt much for u guys but hav nothing but my eyes and an iphone app atm and poor sky coditions

Archived