HI noob from wednesbury.

KR155

Hello from wednesbury.

Been looking up at the stars most of my life but only recenlty

got a telescope and started learning what everything is.

i managed to view jupiter , mars , the moon begining of the month and a orion nebula.

Not stayed up long enough to view saturn yet but hoping to get out saturday night for a few hours (weather permitting).

not got a bad view of the sky from my back garden, the upside is there are no street lights the back of my house (bonus)

got decent views of the sky. (cemetary behind my house so quite dark)

i got a celestron 90mm refractor.

im looking to buy a solar filter (apeture) to observe the sun.

(why not its the closest star).

Not many people actually observe the sun. plus its an excuse to get the telescope out during the day..

looking forward to chatting on here about .

clear skies..

HI and welcome to the forum. Looking at some of the solar imaging on here will easily convince anyone that the sun has plenty to offer. It would seem that the best of the weather recently is to be had during the day but hopefully the nights will play ball soon. Yes Saturn is climbing through our skies and its tilted rings are more pronounced this year than last. Of course the moons which travel in alignment with those rings will yield fewer shadows on the surface but hey, can't have it all!

Clear skies

James

Archived