NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M51 - 4-6-07 - First Go At A Galaxy -

jcm

OK , this is my first go at a galaxy. It was 20 images at 1min exp each at 800 iso using the 350D.

The only processing was levels and curves. I find the image on my lap top is often darker than it appears on the web site. So the background my be a bit light. I think taking a lot more subs would have reduced the noise.

PS Changed the images to ones with a darker background.

John

post-13061-133877328689_thumb.jpg

post-13061-133877328695_thumb.jpg

A couple of crackers there John.

Darren

Thanks for that Darren. I only wish I had decent processing skills. Oh well I suppose it will come with time.( probably a long time :) )

John

Wow! Superb 1st go is that John. The set up is working for you - the stars look really tight. Glad to see you've given it a reasonable amount of exposure time for a 1st go. 1 hour will pull even more out for you.

Wow! Superb 1st go is that John. The set up is working for you - the stars look really tight. Glad to see you've given it a reasonable amount of exposure time for a 1st go. 1 hour will pull even more out for you.

Yep , the auto guiding is just about perfect. I think some long runs are on the cards , though last night the sky was making the early images very blue - hence the 1min subs.

John

Thanks for all the positive comments.

When I get clear weather ( cloudy last 2 nights) I shall have a go taking at least an hours worth of subs.Not sure what the target will be though.

John

Archived