Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another Leo Triplet

MartinB

I collected the luminence for this last year. I had planned to get colour data using my SX M26C but never got round to it. Decided to get some RGB with my QSI 532 instead. It would be nice to have a bit more sky around the galaxies.

Scope: MN190

Camera: QSI 532wsg with lodestar

Luminence 65x5mins

RGB each 40 x 2 mins

Calibrated and combined in Maxim. Finished in PS

post-12794-133877719507_thumb.jpg

Once again, the jpeg seems to have been given a stretch during transfer to the forum. That's happened with the last 2 images and it seems to be a bit of a problem with some other images posted recently. Looked fine in the preview. Pretty sure my PS settings are as they should be. I'll try to adjust and resend but not sure what is going on.

post-12794-133877719512_thumb.jpg

Fantastic result Martin, that's a great image of the triplet!

I second what you say about the image data transfer onto the forum. Mine all look fine in PS and ok in windows viewer but once on here I Usually get a huge shock to see gradients that I thought were dealt with in the PP, and a general over stretched grainy look. I now make sure I have a copy pre-loaded in PS when I upload an image so that I can get a "forum" edit done straight away after seeing the effects.....

Stan :D

Thanks a lot guys.

As always, I live in a bad location for cloud when there is a stable high pressure. Had a couple of nights clear but nothing like the nights elsewhere. I would have liked to use the bigger FOV of the SX M26 for the colour but time to move on. The MN190 is coming down this week end being replaced by my FSQ 106. Looking forward to using this again :)

You're positively machne gunning the sky at the moment, Martin, and to very good effect. Olly

No Olly, I just dug something up from last year and gave it another lick of paint. Sometimes I do feel like machine gunning the sky though :)

Very nice Martin!

Nice to see you using the MN190. Did you have any issues with it? Some of the stars seem a little wonky perhaps? Should be able to get them nicely rounded over the whole field with the MN190. That's the one thing I really miss about it. Well, that and the fact that it is easy to keep the Mak Newts clear of dew....

Nice to see some images from you btw :)

Tim

I haven't had any issues with the MN190 Tim. The stars normally look flat across the field with sub 10% aspect ratios in CCD inspector and a nice flat field. I've only used my QSI 532 which doesn't have the biggest chip though. There are a few microlensing artefacts which is a bug bear with this chip.

Great images! I'm looking at choices for a new scope and notice you're replacing the mn190 with a fsq106. The mn190 was a possibility, so I'd be very interested to learn the pros and cons or reason for this (pm if I'm going off topic).

Nice photos. I am very pleased that they are made with a MN190 since I am just about to invest in one and an NEQ6 Pro Synscan.

Excellent mate :icon_salut:

You won't be disappointed with the MN190, it has great optics.

Archived