Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27

Grant

Well done Grant. You've got the fainter blue areas of to the side. I combined the 2 raw images and processed in PS. There is a bit of outer red but it's quite difficult pull out without getting very noisy. The stars are looking good.

image.jpg

Nice shot... i have an M27 sequence from my Friday night session, but the sky was brightening and the image background started to turn progresivly more blue (which confused the hell out of DSS).

How did you manage to get so much detail CC? Great reprocess!

I can tell that I need to invest as much time in capturing and learning how to capture as I do processing!

Just have a look at Martin's primers. Like the tiger says, they're great.

Basically cropped the good bit to cut down on the amount to be done an have a one directional gradient in the image. Next a check of the black point in all three channels seperately, then a false flat.

Curves and levels several times to get the image brighter, then a tickle of the curve in the red channel to coax out the wingtips.

False flat:-

Duplicate the layer.

Select duplicate layer to work on.

Filter - noise - dust and scratches. Adjust sliders so most of the stars disappear.

Over the big stars and target, use spot repair tool to remove the bright bits.

Filter - Blur - Gaussian, get rid of any detail thats left.

Cntrl I to invert the image.

Set opacity to 50%

Flatten image.

Reset black point in the three channels individually.

HTH

Captain Chaos

Archived