Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

BBC stargazing live 2012

acharris77

Hey I was just looking on the BBC website now and I noticed that they were doing a event up in Deri just up from Bargoed.

I was wondering if anyone was going to attend this as apparently it is from 5:30 - 9 at the community center.

Just wondering if anyone is going to this as I might.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

To be honest I don't know what is going on, but looking on the site it is about stars, planets and asteroid and viewing if weather is good.

So I don't much but it is for all ages so should be good for kids.

I didn't know either it was up there till today.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I'm taking both,but they may not need them,hopefully after the crowds disperse I can have a hours viewing before I come home.I know how you feel tgb when their little it's hard work!!!,at one point I had a 5 yr old,3 year old and a newborn we had to go everywhere with 2 prams.

It cleared up about 8 30 pm,and , it was a fantastic night.It was nice to have a look around the obsy and get some ideas for my own build.A big thank you to Grahame too!!!.It is a very good site and i had a nice hours observing after the public left.

Matt your assistance was much appreciated and commented on by other committee members as well. it was a good night i am waiting on a response on attendee numbers numbers were down i feel but it was cloudy this year last year it was clear all night. i will sort out booking the obs and have cleared it with the obs manager. i handed him the keys and then told him i wanted to book the obs soon. i will sort dates out with you when we chat.

Archived