Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Xbox Livecam Mod (Cliff)

gdheib0430

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 2 x Xbox cameras came this morning, have to say for the price I paid for them on fleabay they were dirt cheap. I checked one out and was pleasently suprised with what can be achieved in daylight, after that I adapted the camera for astro by taking the lens out and just cutting the protuding plastic with a hot knife and replacing the lens with a 1.25 adapter. The adapter fitted well and seen as the light round the lens opening did not intrude on the CCD I paint sprayed the camera matt black to hide the light, retested with the lens in and all okay, job done. Just have to wait for a clear patch tonight or whenever and I will give it a test :).

Jim

Hey all, just purchased an xbox cam to mess around with. I have managed to pry open the cover to get inside but I am having real difficulty with the 2 small screws on the main board. I am using the correct sized jewlers screwdriver but can't seem to get the grip as they are very tightly screwed in. An tips on this would be helpful :tongue:

If your recording avi and get lots noise and hot pixels you can clean up image :) i have managed it.

using avi to raw it make fits then you calibrate them fits in imageviewca

and it cleans up noise :)

603459_10151201247562288_998325718_n.jpg

Had to startrail couple also ;) looking awesome and it's only xbox cam and that lens i keep talking about f3 lens.

207027_10151201304327288_1393542277_n.jpg

I can see me dumping the Xbox, am going to give it another shot though but I have my doubts, my other cam are 100% better, sorry Cliff :)

Jim

Just one them things i would say xbox is powerfull usb ccd cam thats very very sesitive to light

with bit exposure built in it using various softwares gives different exposure levels.

maybe noisy and hot pixels but i found sollution to help that with when recording to avi

using avi to raw fits then use imageviewca to calibrate images gets rid of noise & hot pixels

also another software thats great is MaxIm DL 5 using stretch it gets rid of even more hot pixels and light pollution noise. :) you wanna try it people.

Archived